How Much Does it Cost to Replace or Service a Roof?

//How Much Does it Cost to Replace or Service a Roof?

How Much Does it Cost to Replace or Service a Roof?

Unaddressed damage to your roof like leaks or cracks can lead to extreme damage and potentially the collapse of your roof. If you’ve been putting off a necessary roof service or roof replacement, we’re here to help. Let’s go over some of the different costs and how to determine if you need to repair or replace your roof.

Roof Replacement vs. Roof Repair

Roof repairs are certainly less expensive than getting your entire roof replaced, but it all comes down to the extent of damage. Minor roof repairs can cost anywhere between a few hundred dollars to a bit over a thousand. Some common reasons for roof repair include:

  • Pooling water
  • Worn or curling shingles
  • Damage to flashing

Major repairs will require expertise from professionals and will cost more, as they are likely to also need electrical, plumbing, or engineering work. If your roof is over 20 years old and has been repeatedly damaged, it may be best to replace the roof. If you aren’t sure whether you need a roof repair or a roof replacement, contact a professional company for an accurate assessment.

Factors Affecting Cost

Whether you’re considering roof repair or roof replacement, there are similar factors that will affect the cost. Let’s break this down further for both replacement and repair.

Roof Replacement Factors

When receiving a quote for roof replacement, you may hear the term “per square.” In roofing, a square refers to 100 square feet. It’s good to know this so you are not confused by the quote. A few factors that will affect the labor cost of your roof replacement are the extent of damage to your roof, the environmental conditions for the workers doing the repair, and the removal of old material.

Labor will typically make up about 60% of the cost for your roof replacement. The other 40% is materials, which will be dependent on size and location. The location of your home affects material costs primarily because of what type of roofing will work best in your home’s climate, as well as local codes and rolls that may restrict what kinds of materials you can use.

Roof Repair Factors

The cost of repairing a roof will vary greatly depending on the type of material you have. Some materials are more susceptible to certain types of damage depending on the climate. It’s also worth noting that the more expensive and uncommon the roofing, the more expensive the repair. Other factors that will affect cost include roof type, amount of repair, and repair permits. A knowledgeable roofing contractor will know if you need to pay for certain roofing permits based on the location of your home.

If your roof is in need of replacement or service, don’t wait until it causes structural damage to your home. Contact Pro Dry Roofing LLC for high quality roofing in Central Florida. With 30 years of experience in both commercial and residential roofing, we tackle every job like it’s our own home. So don’t wait! Contact us today!

By |2023-03-03T22:11:12+00:00March 3rd, 2023|Uncategorized|